About SCHOTT MINIFAB
About SCHOTT MINIFAB
We have just one mission - to be the best in the world at creating success for you.
SCHOTT MINIFAB is a wholly owned subsidiary of SCHOTT with dedicated offices in Asia, Europe and US and two main locations in Melbourne and Jena. We speak the language of our customers with an international and multi-disciplinary team including physics, chemistry, biology, engineering, material science and commercialization and are represented in over 30 countries.
Headquarter in Melbourne, Australia
- Established in 2002
- Leader in microfluidics since the birth of the industry
- ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified
- 6000sqm buildingHeadquarter in Melbourne, Australia space
- 1000sqm cleanrooms
- 200sqm biolab areas
- 350sqm injection moulding
- Reagent preparation facilities
Glass centre of excellence in Jena, Germany
- Established in 2002 as a product group of SCHOTT
- Cleaned and coated glass substrates with a wide range of customization options
- ISO 9001 certified
- Founding location of SCHOTT (1884)
- Extensive cleanrooms, production areas and laboratory area
- On-site glass melting capabilities
We are a contract developer and manufacturer of microfluidic devices for diagnostics, lifescience research and other applications. As the world’s #1 manufacturer* of polymer microfluidic products we have completed over 1000 projects worldwide and have earned a well-established track record of success. In parallel SCHOTT has established with the brand NEXTERION® a leading brand for coated and cleaned glass substrates with a wide range of standard products and functional coating as well as unique customization options, e.g. formats, materials, coatings, structurings and markings.
Throughout both sites history we have developed a flexible and proven engagement model designed to deliver commercially successful products on behalf of clients. Our exceptional engineering, bioscience and design teams and scalable infrastructure cover the entire spectrum of commercialisation from early-stage prototyping through to full-scale, high throughput manufacturing. When it comes to microfluidic development and manufacture our unique mix of technology and infrastructure is second to none.
* Status of the Microfluidics Industry 2019. Yole.
A Subsidiary of SCHOTT
Aside from world leading expertise in glass, being by SCHOTT provides SCHOTT MINIFAB with the support of an organisation of over 15,000 employees, 450 researchers and a turn-over more than €2 Billion per annum