Here at Schott Minifab, we are the world-leaders in custom designing and manufacturing microfluidic medical devices. We pride ourselves in being at the forefront, leading the world of medical and diagnostic engineering to new heights, making real contribution to improve the daily lives of society for today and into the future.
We are seeking a motivated, results driven problem solver to lead one of our production teams. As the Production Team Leader, you will oversee the ongoing day to day production of highly specialised diagnostic devices in our state-of-the-art GMP cleanroom facilities. Your ability to make sound decisions through effective communication, leadership, teamwork, and planning will ensure these devices will meet the requirements of our high-profile clients globally.
Now is your chance to join us in our mission, to make an everlasting impact and be part of creating a new history.
Reporting directly to: Head of Production
You will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Ensuring production targets and KPI’s are met across the area of responsibility.
- Ensuring that all work is carried out to the agreed quality and safety standard.
- Planning and co-ordinating all resources to meet production targets and internal deadlines.
- Providing support, motivation, feedback and training for all within the manufacturing team.
- Providing support for other production lines as required to meet customer orders.
- Working effectively with other stake holders within the company to meet expected outcomes.
- Utilizing all production systems to ensure information is maintained and kept accurate.
- Performing all transactions and booking activities to ensure stock accuracy and labour inputs are correctly recorded.
- Provide hands on support in any production area on a regular basis as required.
- Participating in monthly metrics meetings to provide updates to the wider community on the status of the work unit.
Successful applicants will need:
- Able to provide effective leadership of a production team in a complex / high volume, automated line.
- Positive approach to all aspects of work undertaken.
- Able to work as part of a team and make decisions independently.
- Able to make decisions with competing priorities and interests.
- Able to act professionally and with integrity with all stakeholders within the organization.
- Able to mentor / coach and support other team members as required.
- Able to be pro-active to solve problems before they occur.
To apply please submit your CV and cover letter: