Our Melbourne based facility is seeking a Project Manager to develop and implement project specific commercial strategies in conjunction with the Key Account Manager, functional stakeholders and relevant management representatives.
This is your chance to join a rapidly growing multinational medical devices company working on the leading edge of medical diagnostics and life-science.
This role will be integral in the coordination of the development activities with the various internal and external stakeholder particularly in the later stages of the product transition from development into manufacturing. The projects you will work on may range from the development of new and novel life science research devices to rapid point-of-care diagnostic products.
Reporting directly to: Head of Product Development
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- A successful track record in a project management role of successfully delivering complex product development projects. SCHOTT MINIFAB’s products are at the cutting edge of product and manufacturing technology and this presents numerous challenges over and above those normally found in commodity product environments
- Experience in working with multidisciplinary teams, especially combinations of mechanical engineering, life sciences, transfer to manufacturing, and design control
- Strong negotiation, leadership and interpersonal skills, and an ability to inspire excellence and to motivate teams
- Strong commercial acumen
- Demonstrable scientific and engineering experience, eg honours degree or above, to enable informed decision making within project teams is highly desirable
- Professional project management training / certification
- Intimate understanding of product design and manufacturing under a Quality Management System (ISO13485 would be ideal)
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills – Advanced MS Excel skills are essential.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables:
The responsibilities of this role are (but not limited to):
- Project Management of one larger, or several smaller, product development activities within the Product Development and Manufacturing groups of the business
- Support the functional teams with the necessary project updates throughout project delivery
- Project budget management, including oversight of project financials
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders, clients and suppliers located globally
- Work with the Key Account Manager (KAM) to form a strategic and commercial plan for client commitment to manufacturing and next generation product development
- Coordinate the scoping and securing of subsequent phases of work
- Conduct project progress reviews and create/present weekly reports for internal stakeholders
- Manage the commercial aspects of the project, including proposal/contract review, contract management and scope variations.
- Work with stakeholders to identify and mitigate project and delivery risks.
- Coordinate functional teams and other internal resources
Optimising and improving internal workflows and processes where necessary