TUESDAY, JANUARY 10, 2023, PHOENIX, AZ, USA
- Multi-million-dollar investment sets up new facility in Phoenix, AZ, that will focus on production of custom DNA and protein biosensors and other microarrays on glass, semiconductors, and polymer microfluidic consumable devices SCHOTT MINIFAB offers complete set of solutions for contract design and manufacturing of rapid diagnostic devices to enable precise treatments and therapies.
- New facility adds to the capabilities already in place in Jena, Germany and Melbourne, Australia, enabling SCHOTT MINIFAB to work locally with customers in the major global markets for life science research and advanced diagnostics
- Expansion will create 150 new regional jobs in the Phoenix region over the next few years
28 September 2021, Germany, Mainz
- The acquisition of the Arizona-based microarray solutions company extends SCHOTT’s manufacturing presence in the United States and strengthens its bioscience capabilities.
- Customers will benefit from enhanced development and manufacture capabilities including high-density microarray printing.
High-precision 3D-glass components for diagnostics
We are happy to announce that the joint project between SCHOTT Technical Glass Solutions GmbH, LensTec Jena GmbH and the Fraunhofer Insitute for Applied Optics and Precision Engineering IOF is receiving support from the European Regional Development Fund.
TearLab® Corporation, together with SCHOTT MINIFAB are celebrating an important milestone with the delivery of the 20 millionth microfluidic eye test card from the production line in Melbourne, Australia. The milestone comes as a result of a 13-year contract manufacturing partnership between the two companies, beginning in 2007 with an ambitious microfluidic product development program.
Market leader in microfluidic device manufacture has re-branded from MINIFAB to SCHOTT MINIFAB. The change of name and visual re-brand comes after SCHOTT AG acquired the company in July 2019 and forms one part of an ongoing integration process.
We are pleased to inform you, our valued customer, that Minifab is very well advanced in its plans to operate during the COVID-19 pandemic. Minifab is built on a culture of innovation. Overcoming the world's most challenging problems is second nature to us.
Our number one priority is always to the health and safety of our workforce. In this unique environment protecting our workforce also protects you - our customer.
Customers to benefit from complementary portfolio of top quality polymer and glass solutions for breakthrough diagnostics applications
SCHOTT AG, a leading international technology group in the areas of specialty glass and glass-ceramics, has entered into a purchase agreement to acquire the Australian microfluidic company MINIFAB Pty Ltd.